Monday, January 5, 2015

Welcome to the Jungle

November 3, 2014

Hello Friends and Family!!

First of all, I am so excited and so proud of my little brother for his decision to serve a mission and I am so excited that he will be coming to mexico!! They say that "chula es puebla" or puebla is beautiful. So excited!! I almost kissed my companion when I read where Ethan was going!!


Here I am in Lazaro Cardenas! And my gosh it is hot!!!! I've never been in this kind of heat in my whole life. Its so hot and so humid. I sweat like a pig every day. My handkerchiefs have turned into my best friends. And it really is like a jungle here! There are a ton of palm trees and banana trees and lots of other jungle type things. There are a lot of iguanas here!! We have a couple that like to hang out behind our house. They've told me that they make a mean mole de iguana. I'm dying to try it. My companion is a pretty cool guy. He is from the state of Oaxaca here in mexico and he has 4 months left in his mission. He was a trumpet player before his mission and he was a convert when he was 16 years old. He also has an older brother in another mission in mexico.

We had our zone meeting this week! We didn't have a ton of success last month but the goal is that every companionship in the zone has a baptism in November. There are 22 missionaries in the zone. There are 6 companionships here in Lazaro and 5 companionships in Zhijuatanjejo, which is in the state of Guerrero. The best part about this zone is that it is the only zone in the mission that you never have to wear your suit!!

It looks like we will be having a baptism next week!! His name is Eric. He is 25 years old, has a wife and a baby, and is super excited for his baptism! His wife, Alejandra is 16 (yes, they are married) is a little unsure about baptism but we are hoping that after she sees her husband get baptized, she will be more excited and we are hoping that her husband can baptize her the following week. We have some other sweet investigators that are preparing for baptism too.

All is well, all is well.
Have a great week!













No comments:

Post a Comment