Monday, January 5, 2015

My New-Found Talent

December 1, 2014

Hola familia :)

Another hot week here in Lazaro Cardenas! I was telling my companion that a lot of people from the US like to go to Mexico for Christmas break to get out of the snow and cold weather. How lucky am I for being here?!

We had another good week of work here in our area. It went by super fast because I was on divisions for two days with another American Elder from black foot idaho. We talked about hunting and fishing and football. He is also planning on going to Boise State after his mission!! We sang "My country tis of Thee" to start out our studies on thanksgiving and ended it with a "Murica!!!" at the end. It never gets old. I do the same thing every time I go on divisions with another American Elder.

I guess I have failed to inform you all of my new talent that I have developed. About two months ago I bought a harmonica from a music store and started to learn how to play it. I can play about 10 hymns with it. I am practicing all of the Christmas songs :) its going to be a sweet tool this month!!

Our investigators are doing great. Pedro Fernandez continues to be amazed by the gospel. He told us that he studies the book of mormon and a couple other books we gave him for 4 hours a day. What a stud. He also found out that his aunt who lives in Morelia is a member of the church and that his mother is also starting to learn from the missionaries.

Next week is transfers already!! Elder Solorzano and I are hoping we get to serve together another transfer but he has been here for 6 months so we are thinking he might get the boot.

All is well, my amigos. Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Del Toro






No comments:

Post a Comment