Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Blessings Follow Faith

Saturday August 22, 2015

Hello family!

This week has been wonderful. The temple trip went great with the missionaries who finished their missions. The Sunday night before they go home there is always a testimony meeting and I always love hearing their strong testimonies as they end their missionary service. It is going to be my turn before I know it.. I got my flight plans this week :P What a scary/exciting time to be at the end of your mission. I feel like the Lord is blessing me with more joy than I have ever felt in my life. I feel so blessed to be a missionary at this time.

We found two awesome families this week! We found both of them after the trial of our faith. We found one of the families while it was raining cats and dogs. We were thinking there was no point in continuing to look for people to teach because everyone would be inside but we kept working and then the rain stopped almost right away and we found a lady who needed help carrying a big water jug to her house. As we talked to her we found out that her husband died a few months ago and her and her two kids have been having a tough time understanding why God did that to them. We were able to teach the plan of salvation and it brought them peace and happiness knowing that they could see their father again. Another day it was really hot and we weren`t having any success and hadn`t had any lessons that day. We were walking down a street and passed a house that had the door open and there was a family inside. We got half way down the block and decided we needed to go back and talk to them. We went back and they let us right in and we taught them about the restored gospel and invited them to be baptized. They accepted everything and are planning on coming to church this week. The blessing always come after the trial of our faith. We are very exciting to help these two families learn more about the restored gospel and to come unto Christ.

We are doing awesome. I love being a missionary. I`ve never been so happy in my life.

Have a great week!

Elder Del Toro

No comments:

Post a Comment