Tuesday, December 22, 2015

On the Lord's Errand

Saturday October 17, 2015

Another good week in Guadalajara!

I have been learning so much lately! The Lord has been teaching me so many things during my whole mission but I think I am becoming a better learner or something. Life is just full of little lessons to learn from.

I have good and bad news about the stolen suit case boys...
The good news is that they were able to go to the area that they were originally assigned to! The not so great news is that they had to come back the next day because they found out their passport and visa things still aren't in line. And that´s not even really bad news because that means they will be with us another couple weeks!!

Elder Gonzalez and I had a really sweet experience teaching a family who still hasn't been sealed in the temple. The husband was baptized just over a year ago and so they can be sealed whenever they are ready but they haven't really shown interest about it. The bishop asked us to visit them so we did and we had a 15 minute lesson with them but it was one of my favorite lessons I have been in during my mission. We talked about covenants and the reason why we make them with our Heavenly Father. We then talked about the new and everlasting covenant, which is eternal marriage. We both shared a spiritual experience that we have had with our families in the temple and shared our testimonies. The spirit was so strong! We felt impressed to invite them, as representatives of Jesus Christ, to not procrastinate any longer their temple marriage. They were both crying and it was clear to see that the spirit was telling them that that is exactly what they need to do. As missionaries we always teach in the name of Christ but every once in a while, you get a special feeling that our Heavenly Father is speaking directly through you. It is a great privilege to be a worthy representative of Jesus Christ and to help Him bring to pass His work and His glory. I love being a missionary. It´s the best thing I´ve ever done.

Have a great week everyone!

Love,

Elder Del Toro

No comments:

Post a Comment