Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Love and Charity

Saturday September 12, 2015

Hello family!

This week was a great one. We got through 3 zone conferences and had to postpone the other two in MichoacĂ n because there was a family emergency with a missionary in our mission and he decided to go home to support his family.

I learned a great lesson this week about charity and love. Sometimes we get so caught up with how WE feel and what WE want that we forget about others. I was having a tough day the other day and thought that what I was going through was something that just wasn't fair. Almost at the same time while I was having those thoughts, the mission president got a phone call from a stake president of a missionary here in our mission telling him that this missionary`s mom had passed away in a hiking accident. I immediately realized that what I was going through was nothing compared to what this missionary and his family would be going through. We drove to his house and this missionary walked out with a great big smile on his face to see all of us. I started to cry thinking about how this news about his mom would hurt him. My worries about myself immediately went away and I felt love and charity for this missionary. We were able to spend the next day with him and talk with him and at night when we were in bed he thanked us for the love and support we gave him. I felt overwhelming happiness knowing that my companion and I could help another son of God that was in need of our help.

That which will help us most in our times of need is serving others. I love my mission. I am learning more than I ever thought I would learn on my mission. I am so grateful for my friends, my family, my religion, and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Make it a great week this week :)

Elder Del Toro

No comments:

Post a Comment