Saturday, March 21, 2015

"That we should waste and wear out our lives"

February 14, 2015

Hello friends and family!!

I'm back in Guadalajara! And I am absolutely drained. It was one of the best weeks of my mission but also one of the hardest. Monday through Saturday we traveled and gave trainings, sat through a lot of meetings with President Camarillo, and worked with a lot of other missionaries. It was a blast. We took the bus ride home last night at 10:30pm and the bus broke down halfway to Guadalajara and they had to send another bus to take us the rest of the way. We got to our house at 9:00 this morning and layed down and woke up 5 hours later :P

 Yesterday during the training in Lazaro Cardenas I was reading this scripture in Doctrine and Covenants and it made me think that I am exactly where I should be right now..

D&C 123
13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—
14 These should then be attended to with great earnestness.

I read it in spanish and the way it says "waste and wear out our lives" is just awesome. It made me think how tough the mission is sometimes but that is exactly the way it should be. Teaching the message of the restored gospel is the most important duty of this dispensation. I feel so blessed to be able spend every ounce of energy on bringing to light this message and I everyday I feel the confirmation that this really is Christ´s church.

Did I mention I love being a missionary? :)

Love you all!! And thanks for all your love and support.

Elder Del Toro



No comments:

Post a Comment