Sunday, July 5, 2015

Highlight Week

Saturday May 30, 2015

Hello Family,

This week was the best week of my mission. I am so grateful to be here and to have the opportunity to be serving.

We had our baptism last Saturday. There was a special musical number right before the baptism and almost everyone was crying. Andrea said that her baptismal service was the most spiritual experience of her life.

We said goodbye a great group of missionaries this week. Elder Bowen and Elder Ormeño were part of that group. Elder Ormeño`s dad pulled me aside before the left and just started to cry. He told me how grateful he was that his son had me as his companion because that was a tough time for Elder Ormeño and he was thinking about ending his mission early. Brother Ormeño told me that I will always be part of their family and then grabbed my face and gave me a kiss on the forehead. hahaha. He said that`s what he always does to his son.

We also had a lesson with a family that came to English classes. Its a single mom with three kids. The dad left a few months ago for problems with alcohol and it has been tough for them to get by. Hearing this message was exactly what they needed. The mom and her two oldest kids accepted a baptismal date in July. We are excited to continue to teach them.

The best part for last... This week we got to go to the temple!! About 5 months ago Elder Balbuena and I had a baptism of Karen and Moises Tovar who were the kids of a family that had been less active for about 10 years. The family has since been reactivated and was sealed in the temple yesterday. It was such a great experience. 

I know that I am so blessed to be able to be a missionary. It is crazy to think I never would have had these amazing experiences if I would have ended with the other missionaries that I started with. I know that the Lord has many more experiences and plans for me these last few months of my mission. I know that God loves us and knows us perfectly. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and paid for our sins so we can live happy lives and return to Him one day.

Have a wonderful week!

Elder Del Toro

A missionary gave me this shirt!


 Brother Ormeño, Elder Oremeño, and I


These are the guys I started the mission with 


Andrea's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment