Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lechera

August 20, 2013

Hello family :)

Yesterday we went to Guadalajara for a training. It was for all the new missionaries and their traininers. We had to wake up at 5am and we got back late so last night we only had time to check emails and our President told us to write today. The training was sweet, the best part was getting to see Elder Bowen again!! I love that guy. we got to catch up and tell some mission stories and all that good stuff.
My spanish has improved a lot. The first day in the mission we had a meeting and I hardly understood anything. This one went a lot better, I understood almost everything and our Mission President is just the best. He just says the wisest things and is so inspiring.

The Baptism went well! It was very spiritual and she was so excited. I think baptisms are the best. It is amazing to see people have a chance to start a new life and make covenants with our Heavenly Father.
We are starting to turn our focus to the ward a lot more. There is A LOT of reactivation to do. It is a lot of work. There are 800 people in our ward boundaries and only 100 our active. We are trying to visit a lot of the inactive families and bring them back. I am going to learn the area very well the next few weeks. It is a lot of tracking down addresses.

This week we had the opportunity to help a less active sister in our ward. When we asked if there was anything we could do for them she said that she really needed help in her bakery getting some orders done. Haha that was far from what we were expecting but we were way excited to help her in the bakery. It was so cool to learn a little bit about making cakes! they are a little different than in the U.S. They pour milk, cream, and LECHERA into the cake once it is baked so it is saturated with all that stuff. Its a little different but its pretty good! So this is where I discovered Lechera. Lechera is basically sweetened condensed milk. Oh man that stuff is so delicious! I ended up buying a can of it on our way home that night along with some cookies. I kind of went overboard on the Lechera.. I put that stuff on the cookies, and some bananas I had, and just ate it by the spoonful. The can was halfway gone that night and I had a huge stomach ache. I finished of the can the next day for breakfast and dinner. Now, whenever I think of Lechera my stomach hurts :P
I am kind of the baby of the ward right now. It is kind of cool though, everyone is trying to help me learn spanish and they are super understanding that I am trying my hardest. Everyone calls me "Elder Torito". They are taking good care of me :)

Hope everything is going well with all of you!

Love,

Elder Del Toro




No comments:

Post a Comment