Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lock, Stock, and Barrel

Well, my excitement level is just about to boil over right now. Whenever I think about how I'm going to be in Mexico in just a few days, my throat gets choked up and I start to sweat. Kind of weird but I am the most excited I have ever been. First of all, my flight plans got changed. I still leave the MTC at 4:30 am on monday and then we fly out at 8:30, we land in LAX at 9:30, fly out at 11:10, and land in Guadalajara at 4:30. Much better than the last flight plan :)

This week was amazing. We had this "In field orientation" where we learned a bunch of stuff about being in the mission field. It was 8 hours long but it was super fun and got us way excited. Something that I thought was cool is in the scriptures in says the phrase "The field is white already to harvest" 52 times. That is incredible. I know that people are just waiting to hear the gospel and I can't wait to get out there are share what I know. The other thing is in Alma 13:24. In the verse it says "Angels are declaring it unto many... preparing the hearts of the children of men" I know that that is true at this time. And I know that we can be those angels too. My emotions are just crazy right now. I am beyond excited but at the same time I am scared to death.

I love being a missionary. I love what President Monson said about us. He said that we are called of God to serve His people and build up His kingdom from the time we wake up until the time we go to sleep. We are all his for two years, lock, stock and barrel.

That has kind of become my motto this week. Whenever I feel like slacking off I give Elder Bowen some knuckles and say "Lock stock and barrel baby!!". We aren't on our time anymore, we are on the Lord's time, and his time is too precious to waste. I love serving the Lord :) It's the best feeling in the world.

Love,

Elder Del Toro


 Half of our district with our Teacher Brother Rouse, our whole district with our other teacher Brother Urquhart, and a picture of Elder Jacobsen, Elder Brown, and I.











No comments:

Post a Comment