Monday, January 6, 2014

Boulevard de la Salvaciòn

January 1, 2013

Hello everybody :) Happy New Year!!!

This week has truly been one of the greatest weeks of my life. Ramon Cedeño was baptized!! It was the best baptismal service I have been to in my whole life. Ramon, Elder Gonzalez, and I all were kind of babies about it, we may or may not have all cried together. haha. Ramon has truly become converted to Christ. It took him awhile... years of missionaries... but he has finally made the sacred covenant of baptism with our Heavenly Father. We were walking out of the baptismal font and he said to me that it took him super long to get to that point, but he was just waiting for Elder Gonzalez and I to teach him. I know that the Lord puts certain people in our lives for a reason. I feel like I have learned more from Ramon than I could ever teach him. He is an awesome example of how to turn your life over to Christ. Years ago he went to a program to stop drinking and smoking on Boulevard de las Primaveras, and our chappel is also on the Boulevard de las Primaveras. He told us that he is never going to call it that again, he has a new name for it.. "Boulevard de la Salvaciòn". I think I will call it that too :)

So the transfers caught me.. I had to say goodbye to Elder Gonzalez this morning. He truly became one of my best friends. We worked super great together and as I predicted, he became more of a brother than a son to me. I feel like I didn`t even train him, he hit the ground running and taught me so much. I am now transfered to the area "Estadio"... It is also in Morelia. haha. I can see my old area from our house. But I am super excited to meet a new ward and know a new area. We are in the other zone here so I will meet a bunch of new missionaries. My new companions name is Elder Ormeño. He has almost the same amount of time in the mission as I do. We just met eachother this morning but wow, he has all sorts of fire in him. He is from Peru. It`s a little hard to understand his spanish right now because his accent is a little different. One of the first things he told me this morning was that not a whole lot of people like him. haha. He has had 8 companions in 7 months and told me the President doesn`t know what to do with him. But he told me that he really is a good guy. We have gotten along pretty good so far. I think we will become great friends :)
Hope everything is going well there. I`m happy as a clam here in Mexico. And still smilin :D

Love, Elder Del Toro


No comments:

Post a Comment