Monday, April 6, 2015

Cinnamon Roll Sunday

April 6, 2015

Hello family!!

This week was a good one. I don't know how it could be a bad one after hearing 10 hours of general conference! I loved the talks that were given. I don't think I could say that I had a favorite talk but I loved that so many talks were about the family. In a world where the standards and ideals of the family are being lost, it is so important for the world to hear how our Heavenly Father wants the family to be like. Something that I also loved was when one of the speakers said that the Church of Jesus Christ has never been so strong. Man, that runs shivers down my back!! I'm so glad to be apart of bringing the gospel to all nations.

This week we stayed pretty busy. We had a leadership council meeting in Morelia this week so that was fun to see the city where I started my mission. We even drove through my old area and passed by the church. I was amazed how well I still knew the streets! I think after walking them every day for 6 months Ill never be able to forget them. I hope its like that for my whole mission.

On the way back from Morelia the bus stopped and we bought some corn. We were three very happy Americans. It reminded me of when Nacho says, "Get that corn outta my face!!". The corn was to die for.
On Sunday after the first session we went to eat with a family and the mom had made cinnamon rolls!! It made my day. But like Ethie, it made me miss my mommy!! The picture is of the Fonseca family. She is from Washington and he is from Africa. Their kids speak English, Spanish, and Portugues. It is so fun to visit them!

I hope all is well back in the states!

Love,

Elder Del Toro






No comments:

Post a Comment